Modified by on Saturday, December 4, 2010 - 16:38Fri, 10/15/2010 - 03:07 — Steelclaw
PDB for 384.0 - Get this if you experience crashes
Contains all the changes/fixes made to packages so far. (which have been in previous builds, but not used)
Alters the terrain_info.def format to:
1) Make it around 30% smaller.
2) Allow it to represent a full world cache without imploding. It was hitting element count limits before and self-destructing, which caused all the terrain data to be needlessly re-fetched once a certain number of sectors was explored.
As a result of this change, your terrain data cache will essentially be wiped out, sorry. (world object cache will remain intact)
1) Download the test assets and unzip them into the folder $\packages\
2) move or delete the $\resources\definitions\ and $\resources\entities\ folders.
3) Skip patching when starting the client.
3a) open clientprefs_launch.def
3b) set requireCommandLineParams=false
3c) fill in username (email) and password
3d) save and launch istaria.exe directly.
package loading didn't work due to missing changes to def files needed to force loading of packages dir. -fixed.
Terrain loading when terrain didn't exist was broken - fixed.
after deletengÂ definitions
Submitted:Sun, 10/31/2010 - 05:29
This comment has been moved here.
Submitted:Mon, 11/08/2010 - 15:47
Okay, I can see this getting out of hand pretty fast.
Please post your comments in the newly created forum for 384.0 feedback:Â http://bristugo.com/forum/27
Please check out the Posting Guidelines topic before posting!